Saturday, April 30

Dark Chocolate Flan with Pepita Praline

Ok, so it's been a while since I last posted.  I've, um, been busy.



Anyway, in celebration of Easter - and seeing as I finally have some time on my hands - I decided to attempt my first Easter lunch.  And what Easter meal would be complete without chocolate?

In keeping with my Latina roots, I decided to go with a traditional dessert - flan made with bittersweet chocolate and chili. Ok, so maybe it was a traditionally inspired.



Milk and cream are slowly simmered with chili, anise, cinnamon and black peppercorns, allowed to sit for 30 minutes, and then simmered again. Dark chocolate is added once the milk mixture is off the fire.


Eggs and sugar are beaten 'til light and fluffy.  Milk mixutre is added to the eggs and then  drained through a very fine sieve into a candy coated pan.

Sugar coated pepitas anyone?

 The full recipe can be found here.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

and this differs from Caca de Foca? appearance - certainly, richness - doubtfully, calories - wow! But, it does sound divine!!!